Wednesday 5 November 2008

Just stop it, please.

I'm ready to lose my damn mind. For over a week now this child has been up before 7am. Time change hasn't changed a thing around here, he operates by light. And apparently the most slight flicker of morning light wakes this child. And even though he's weepy and cranky and frigging exhausted, he will NOT go back to sleep. Then he takes this monster 3 hour nap in the afternoon to make up for the shitty 5-7 hours of interrupted sleep he got the night before. Oh yeah, last night he was up every 10 minutes from 11pm to 1:30am.

The one morning in the last two weeks he's slept any later than 6:45am? The one frigging day that it's Anthony's turn to get up with him so I can sleep. Yeah that day? HE SLEPT TILL 10. WHY DOES THE JESUS HATE ME SO. All I want is one morning, hell one morning every TWO weeks where I get to stay in bed an extra hour (not an extra ten minutes just to be sure I don't get the first diaper) without being screamed at, pinched or slapped. Mostly screamed at. Would also like less headaches, because very little very TENSE sleep = all day headache.

So yeah, I went to bed at 2am (for once through no fault of my own) and I've been up since this mess all started at 5:30am. I thought it was supposed to get better as they got older? I want my money back. It's days like today that the thought of having another child (or two!) makes me laugh until I'm crying. Seriously, I'm tired of crying from exhaustion every morning. My house is a wreck because my first few hours of the day are shit and I just can't seem to pull it together. Ugh.

And yes, I'm headed out asap to buy some real blackout curtains for his room. This shit just ain't cool and DST just made it all ten times worse.

No comments: