Wednesday 5 November 2008

FINALLY

Well for better or for worse (and no, I'm wearing no mourning shroud, waiting to see how this turns out before I drown in woe!) at least all my blogging buddies, myspacers and LJ friends might finally STFU about Obama. I love you all, I really do, and I appreciate your enthusiasm. Lord knows I blather on about birth enough. But damn I'm tired of this election. I'm just happy it's over.

(And it's not from some hatred of Obama. Honestly there are alot of things I like about him. And there are things I like about McCain. But I disagree with Obama on more things than I disagree with McCain on. *shrug*)

Plus, I'll just admit it now...I didn't vote. I tried registering twice by mail, and each time they replied with some vage BS about how I didn't complete the form fully, and I did. Only thing I can figure is because I don't have a TX drivers license. (However I did put down my SSN, which they listed as an alternative, so maybe they're just being pricks. I mean hello, address in TX, paying state taxes, and legal citizen, wtf more do I need to VOTE?!) Getting a new license (and my GA one is still valid) would have required me retaking the god-forsaken drivers test with a 14 month old in tow. Call me a lazy shit, or maybe I just got caught up in everything the last month or so...I put it off. I feel bad, but at least Anthony got to vote. (I filled out his form too, come to think of it, with his SSN as I lacked his license number, so seriously wth. F U Texas!) You may all bitchslap me now, get it over with. :P And honestly...Texas really needed my help to go red? Yeah...

Pet peeve #1 rearing it's ugly head, however. I was in walmart last night (that's pet peeve #2, I swear) and they were playing CHRISTMAS MUSIC. SERIOUSLY. SHOOT ME NOW AND SPARE ME THE AGONY OF THE NEXT TWO MONTHS.

1 comment:

bubbeedee said...

yeah, I was in WalMart yesterday also and noticed the xmas muzak. Blah! I have to say I am truly surprised by the election results. What bugs me most about it is that it tells me there are alot of people in this country who want big govt. to be their nanny. Ugh. I thought we were better than that. Worse than that though is that I have a real concern that in the next 6-12 months the terrorists will take another crack at us. Great.